The other night I had an insane craving for chicken and waffles. It’s pretty much one of my favorite indulgence dishes, and the loss of it as I took chicken out of my diet has been a hard one.
It wasn’t until the other day, when it dawned on me that there are fake chicken strips (or in this case, nuggets) available, that I could in fact recreate this in a cruelty free way.
This is SO simple and you will thank me later.
All you need:
Chik’N strips (Gardein is Vegan I hear)
Frozen Waffles (there are Vegan options of this as well)
1) Heat olive oil in medium frying pan on medium heat. I used probably about 1/3 a cup, but use your judgement.
2) In a bowl, toss Chik’N nuggets or strips with a bit of olive oil and sprinkle with paprika, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. I didn’t measure it, just give each a couple of shakes to taste and you will be good.
3) When olive oil is heated, toss in the chik’n. Turn occasionally so you don’t burn either side.
4) Toast waffles in toaster oven.
5) When nuggets are soft (push fork on top to see) they are done! Place them on top of the waffle, drizzle with maple syrup and hot sauce, and enjoy!